Bridges Family & Friends
From the beginning of the church in Acts 2, the Body of Christ was meant to gather for worship and fellowship. We are created for community! During these past six months of the coronavirus pandemic, our ability to gather has obviously been limited. Over the last few weeks, however, church leadership believes the time is right for us to begin meeting again face to face – or at least mask to mask😊.
The purpose of this letter is to inform you about the procedures we are implementing to ensure the safety (to the best of our ability) of our Bridges community, as well as our neighbors in Brasilia. While we all have differing thoughts and perspectives about how to personally deal with the Pandemic, corporately we are asking that each of you, “not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:4) In this spirit of love, grace, and unity, we ask each of you to follow all of the Bridges guidelines if you choose to participate in public worship.
What follows are very important Questions & Answers you need to be aware of. Please take time to read them thoroughly as we prepare to gather together again.
With the love of Christ, Pastor Dave
When will public worship begin at Bridges?
Bridges will hold a single service every Sunday morning at 11 a.m., beginning September 27, 2020. (Our hope is to restart our second worship service in the weeks following, once we have learned the best means of gathering together safely.)
Will I need to register to participate in Bridges worship?
YES! Due to public distancing requirements currently mandated by the Federal District, the seating capacity for worship at Bridges will be 40 inside our worship center, and 20 outside on the patio where you can worship and watch the livestream together. You can register by using the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com.br/e/sunday-worship-service-tickets-119253168437 You may register individually, or as a family, simply indicate the number of people in your party. Once you have registered, please bring your “ticket” on your cell phone, or a printed copy to show at the gate before entering.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
Please do so as early as possible by contacting the church administrator at [email protected]
What if I am unable to secure a reservation?
We are asking that people not register for more than 2 Sundays a month, so as to allow for as many people as possible to participate. If you consistently are unable to register for a service please email our office at [email protected] and we will do everything we can to provide you with an opportunity.
Who may attend public worship at Bridges?
Everyone is welcome to attend Bridges worship, as there are currently no government restrictions. That said, medical experts continue to state that the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions are most susceptible to coronavirus. If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms for Covid (diagnosed or not), PLEASE wait until you are well and symptom free before attending. Also, if you have recently traveled internationally, or been exposed to someone with Covid, we ask that you wait two Sundays before returning to Bridges.
What about visitors?
We are reserving a few seats each service for visitors who may show up without knowing that they needed to pre-register. Once our capacity is reached, however, we will not be able to allow more visitors onto the Bridges campus.
What safety protocols will be in place?
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask while on the Bridges campus at all times – this includes during the services, and while outdoors.
- The pastor and worship team will lead without masks, but as soon as they leave the stage they will also be required to wear their masks.
- Social distancing will be required while seated in the worship center and patio. Please sit only in designated areas. Families may sit together, but otherwise you must sit only in spaces designated.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and easily accessible all around the church building – including two foot-operated dispensers.
- Temperatures will be checked on your wrist at the entrance to worship center and patio.
- Special foot mats will be at the entry to worship center and patio, that we ask each participant to make use of.
- We ask that everyone show love and concern for others by refraining from physical greetings – handshakes, hugs, “beijinho,” etc. PLEASE do not even ask if others are open to such greetings, as it could create awkward and uncomfortable situations.
- After consulting with medical personnel, Bridges will open windows and utilize fans for circulation of air during the services.
- We ask each worshipper to bring their own Bible. The church Bibles will be removed from the worship center until further notice.
- After the service worshippers are asked to remain seated until dismissed by the pastor. Conversation in small groups (no more than 3 or 4) are welcomed, just be mindful to observe distance, and to keep your mask on.
- Please be patient with ushers who might provide you with direction or reminders of these requirements, as they seek to help provide for everyone’s safety.
For further questions, clarifications or suggestions please email: [email protected] Please be patient and gracious as together we learn how to best serve in these days.